Friday, April 27, 2012

Flower power in the family...


Dear readers,
After days and days of endless rain, I think a blog post filled with floral delights is in order...


... so today I invite you to take a stroll with me through the lovely garden of my sister-in-law.


This tranquil and inviting floral haven is in Oxfordshire, and the other day when we "popped in" for a cup of tea, I declined my cup (I know, I know, terribly un-English of me!) and asked if my camera and I could instead explore her beautiful garden...


As you may see in some of the photos, we had a few - and oh so cherished - minutes of sunshine, before the heavens opened again and emptied what seemed like every rain cloud in the county...


This is a wonderful "come-and-explore-me" garden. Even from inside the house you are drawn to the circular gravelled path at the other end of the garden. Where might it take me? What secrets lie beyond?

And you will not be disappointed. A small pond, surrounded by marvellously  mossy stones, and an old wooden bench, whispering "Come hither, sit down, why don't you? Together we can contemplate life for a moment..."




But I did not listen to the bench this time. There were simply too many flowers beckoning me, tilting their little petal heads to look pretty for the camera. So I listened to them instead...


... and said hello to a thousand little forget-me-nots, all enjoying the company of wonderful light-green foilage friends and pretty purple neighbours.


Thank you, Eve, for letting me explore your little piece of paradise!


Wishing you all a wonderful, flower-powered weekend!

Helena

***

Update: Since I published this blog post, I have learned that in addition to my sister-in-law's own ideas and wonderful work with her garden, she also had some help from Andrew, a garden designer with the lovely  company name Go Wild Landscapes. If you live anywhere in Oxfordshire, Gloucestershire or Bucks., like what you see in this blog post and need a little help creating your dream garden, they are the ones to call! (Clicking on their company name above will take you to their website).

***