Thursday, June 14, 2012

Pimping one's patio with purple...


Schhhhh... don't tell anyone...


... but this morning, after dropping the boys off at school, instead of returning to my computer, where work is still piled up, merciless and demanding, I took a right turn and drove to our nearby garden centre... 


With days and days of endless rain and gales, prettifying the patio has not really been a priority...




... but with lovely friends and family visiting this weekend...


... a modest attempt to "pimp" the patio with some colour...


... seemed like a good excuse to "skive" from work for an hour...


So there we are. No styling overkill or flower mania, 
only a few pots of pick-me-up purple, 
some delicious lavender for my little Buddha to dip his nose in...


... and now, time to dance my special anti-rain dance to keep the rain AWAY this weekend, 
so our guests can enjoy lovely Wiltshire at its best!

***

... and speaking of purple petals...


In the July/August issue of Wedding Flowers Magazine, 
one of my old pansy photos is used as an idea for small wedding favours.

Never in a million years could I have imagined, when I started blogging two and a half years ago, that I would today see some of my photos in print. However, I do have a little conundrum. Even though this is my private blog, I know some of my clients have found me through the blog, I therefore feel it might be useful to show when and where my work is published. At the same time, in doing so I find myself worrying that it may be seen as horribly show-offy and boastful, which is not an image I feel comfortable with. What do you think, where do you draw the line between allowing a blogger to be happy about and share his or her accomplishments as opposed to thinking it is a bit too much...?  

***


Looking out the window, I see that the rain has returned. Ah well, as the old Swedish saying goes: "It is good for the potatoes"... Whether that is true or not, I do not know, but at least I do not have to water my new purple plants tonight!

Wishing you sun, sun, sun, wherever you are!
Helena