Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Dyrham Park  Part II...


Welcome back to part II of the image stroll around Dyrham Park...


Now, I have always dreamt of an Orangery, and the one at Dyrham Park 
certainly looked inviting today. In celebration of the Queen's Jubilée...


.... the tables were laid to offer special menus of champagne, canapés and cakes. Hm, my muddy trainers and equally muddy entourage had to settle for admiring this lovely scene from afar...


But not to worry, we had plenty of eye candy to enjoy, and who needs champagne when 
there are gorgeous "Granny's Bonnets" (Aquilegia), pretty ponds and sunshine on offer?!




To my delight, Dyrham Park is the home of both more 
formal gardens and wilder meadows, as this one below...


... and if that image does not scream SUMMER, I am not sure what will!


I nearly missed this, but just as we were about to leave, I spotted a "familiar face" next to the house. Well, I say familiar loosely, as "my" other big head sits in the wonderful gardens of Abbey House Garden (a k a The Naked Gardeners - see for example here).

(Click on the images if you would like to view them larger.)










So, there we are. 
We bid farewell to funny faces, floral fabulousness and dozing deer for now. 
I am sure we will meet soon again.



I am very invisible on your blogs, and for that I apologise. I wish I could find the time to stop by and say hello, but my life outside of the warm and wonderful Blog Land keeps demanding all my time and energy. To those of you who still stop by here, thank you - it is lovely to have you here!

Warm regards to you all!
Helena