Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Furry flower fantasies...


Dearest readers,

Thank you SO much for all your kind words about my sister-in-law's garden. 
I have passed on your praise to her.

***

I keep getting cheerful sunshine reports from friends back home in Sweden, and I join in their delight over sun-blushed cheeks and merry BBQ parties. However, here in the UK, things are little different...



No, this is not a ford, this is a normal road between two fields...



The River Avon, normally low beneath the - now invisible - arches of the stone bridge in the foreground... has recently flooded horribly, and what here looks like a large lake, is normally a field with horses grazing peacefully... This tends to happen here, hence the raised pedestrian wooden path. These photos were taken two days ago, and already yesterday, the water had started clearing up, and parts of the field were visible again.


No, there is NO lake in the grounds of Lacock Abbey, even though seeing this flooded field here makes me think a lake there would look rather attractive...!

***

... and while the heavens keep pouring bucket after bucket of wetness on us...




... I snuggle up on my sofa wrapped in fake fur, 
tell myself it is NOT autumn, despite the cold and the wet,
occasionally venture out in the garden to bring some
 stems of blue summer hope inside...


Bluebells, nature's own beautiful little ballerinas!


I hope that your week brings sun to your soul 
and that if you are soaked by anything, may it be flower glory!

Helena